What is a Feasibility Study?
The Franklin Regional Board of School Directors engaged the services of VEBH Architects to conduct a feasibility study of all District facilities. The study will:
- provide an evaluation of the needs for the District’s five buildings and surrounding properties
- provide recommendations to the Board and Administration on the physical plant needs of the District now and in future years
- support the District’s mission and vision of creating a world-class school system that delivers a 21st century education to students in quality facilities
The study commenced in August of 2016 and the projected completion of the study is in May, 2017.
During the process, VEBH Architects will:
- collaborate with the District’s stakeholders including School Board, District Administration, teachers, support staff, students, and the community.
- engage FR stakeholders to ensure that the study takes into account the needs of the District as well as the variety of groups who utilize the facilities in order to reflect the evolving needs of the students and community
- provide a comprehensive needs assessment and survey to be presented to FR stakeholders during the process to help to produce research-based, well defined recommendations and solutions that will positively impact future generations of FR students
The end-result of the project will be presented to the community in a comprehensive report on the status of the building's infrastructure and, if necessary, recommendations for capital improvements. It is the intent to create collaborative learning spaces, increase multi-media and technology capabilities to enrich the students’ learning experience, and to increase community utilization of our facilities.
Board President Dr. Larry Borland welcomes more than 100 attendees to the first Town Hall Meeting to discuss the Feasibility Study. Joining him are (from left) Cassi Renninger, VEBH Project Architect, Dan Engen, VEBH Principal Architect in Charge, Mr. John Koury, FR School Board, and Dr. Gennaro Piraino, Superintendent of Schools.
Town Hall Meetings
In an effort to engage the Franklin Regional community in the project and to educate residents and FR families on the feasibility study process, a series of Town Hall meetings will be conducted over the next several months. These meetings will be hosted by the District in various locations and will be guided by our team of architects. Town Hall meeting dates and times are located on this page in the right-hand column. These meetings are open to the public and everyone is encouraged to join us to become part of the dialogue.
September 27 FRMS Little Theater 6 p.m.
January 12 FRMS Little Theater 6 p.m.
February 23 FRMS Little Theater 6 p.m.
March 27 SHS Cafe 6 p.m.
Feasibility Study Brochure (PDF)
Town Hall Meeting Presentation (PDF) 9.27.16