Immunizations Required by PA Law:
The following immunizations must be completed and verified by the school nurse before the start of school.
Children ENTERING SCHOOL need the following vaccines:
- 4 doses of tetanus* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of diphtheria* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 3 doses of polio
- 2 doses of measles** (given after 12 months)
- 1 dose of mumps** (given after 12 months)
- 1 dose of rubella (German measles)** (given after 12 months)
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 1 dose of varcella (chickenpox) vaccine or history of disease
*Usually given as DTP or DtaP or DT or Td
**Usually given as MMR
Children ENTERING 7th GRADE also need the following vaccines:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diptheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap). If 5 years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization.
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MVC)
Medical, Philosophical and Religious exemptions must be submitted in writing to the School Nurse.
Pennsylvania's school immunization requirements can be found in 28 PA.CODE CH.23 (School Immunization)
Contact your health care provider or 1-877 PA HEALTH for more information