If a student-athlete is suspected of having or has been diagnosed with a concussion, please refer to the following information to guide you through the treatment and Return To Play (RTP) process.
- As per The Safety in Youth Sports Act and Franklin Regional School Policy, any student-athlete suspected of having or diagnosed with a concussion must be examined by a licensed physician and/or a neuro-psychologist trained in the evaluation and management of concussion.
- Copies of any Academic/Activity modifications obtained from the treating physician's office must be turned into the athletic trainers and the nurse.
- Post-Concussion Testing can be completed at the high school at the request of the treating physician.
- A multistage gradual exertion program should be completed prior to full participation. This program should include the following levels: mild, moderate and heavy aerobic exertion, light contact(if appropriate), and a full practice.
- Click here for a Concussion Informational Handout
Local Concussion Clinics
Allegheny Health Network Concussion Clinic
(Dr Joseph Dougherty - Monroeville Office)
Excela Sports Medicine Concussion Center
UPMC Concussion Concussion Center